LICENSED FIELD SHELTER, WOODLAND & GLAMPING
- Legal Ceremony License
- Woodland Blessings
- Field Shelter
- Up To 200 Guests
- Glamping Bell Tents
- BYO Camping Tents
- Woodcuttters Cottage
- 80 Acres of Countryside
- Wildflower Meadows
- Ancient Woodland
- Amplified Music until 12am
If you are looking for a completely secluded woodland wedding venue which is unlike anything you have seen before then this is the venue for you.
Set within 80 acres of privately owned land within the Kent Downs area of outstanding natural beauty, this stunning ancient woodland, field shelter and meadow offers the most unique and secluded setting for your wedding day. Not only does it come with a legal ceremony license within the Field Shelter, it also comes with a woodland blessing area giving you the rare opportunity to choose from two places to hold your ceremony.
Say I do overlooking the most beautiful trees and wildflower meadows or hold a personal blessing under a canopy of ancient woodland. The choice is yours…..
A LICENSED FIELD SHELTER, ANCIENT WOODLAND AND WILDFLOWER MEADOW
Upon arrival a leafy lane just off a main road leads to a private entrance. You and your guests will follow a single track road through meadows and woodland until you reach a small field that is used as the car park. From here, a pathway through a hedge at the top of the car park will take you on a romantic walk through the gorgeous coppice woodland to the main meadow, the licensed field shelter and glamping meadow. This pathway is beautifully lit at night ensuring guests can safely make their way back to their cars or taxis at the end of the evening.
Within the coppice woodland is a natural clearing that can be used for alternative ceremonies or a personal blessing under the natural arch of a beech tree branch. If you have always dreamed of getting married under a canopy of trees then this is the place for you. This area can also be used for your welcome drinks, an area for an acoustic band to play or a chill out retreat for you and your guests.
TIPI MEADOW, GLAMPING ACCOMMODATION AND A WOODCUTTERS COTTAGE
Access to the site is easy with excellent links to London and two train stations very nearby. The venue also offers glamping in the form of 2 Shepherds Huts, 7 Bell Tents and a very cool and quirky woodcutter’s cottage often used as the honeymoon suite. Camping pitches are also available.
The shelter is licensed for marriage ceremonies, renewal of vows and baby welcoming ceremonies. The space allows for excellent flexibility for all types of event.
Blank Canvas Hire Fee is £7500 and includes the following:
- Exclusive Use of The Woodland, Field Shelter, Camping Field and Surrounding Meadows
- Up to 150 Guests for Your Ceremony and Reception
- Full Wedding License in The Field Shelter
- Vintage Tables and Seating for 60 Guests (more available at an additional cost)
- Festoon Lighting and Lanterns Throughout the Entire Site
- 45KVA Generator with Fuel
- Fully Stocked and Staffed Professional Licensed Bar
- fire Pit with Seating
- Vintagte Parachute Canopy for Woodland Blessing Area
- Furniture to seat up to 100 guests for ceremony
- Amplified Music until Midnight (ipod or acoustic music allowed after this time at a low volume)
- Standard Hire Period Saturday 12pm-Sunday 11am
- £2000 deposit required to secure your booking
- The Field Shelter can seat up to 60 guests and comes with the option of attaching a Tipi, Marquee or Alternative Tent to increase the space. Prices for this are available on request.
- Access to the site is possible on Friday for supplier set up and to dress the venue if arranged at least 2 weeks prior to your event.
Please note that due to insurance purposes, all alcohol must be purchased through the venue. Drinks packages start as little as £15.00 per person and includes a welcome drink of your choice, 1/2 bottle of wine, prosecco for speeches, bottled table water and self service tea and coffee.
Staff to serve and glassware is also included.
Price includes all flooring, seating and lighting for inside the Tipi
- 1 x Giant Hat Tipi to seat 80 guests – £2,150
- 2 x Giant Hat Tipi to seat 160 guests – £4,670
- 3 x Giant Hat Tipi to seat up to 240 guests – £7,200
THE WOODCUTTERS LODGE – £225
This beautiful ‘honeymoon suite’ is located in a separate woodland coppice offering the perfect private escape for the bride and groom. It is equipped with it’s very own a vintage bath with wood fired hot water, a vintage style toilet and patio style tables and chairs which overlook the private woodland.
GLAMPING BELL TENTS – £160 each & SHEPHERDS HUTS – £190 each
Our 10 Double Bell tents* & 2 Double Shepherds huts* are located in the “glamping” meadow which is a few minutes walk from the woodland and Field Shelter. Both can accommodate 2 guests as standard in a double divan bed with all bedding and towels included. Solar powered fairy lighting is provided around the entrance of each accommodation. Battery powered hurricane lanterns and tea lights are also provided inside.
UNLIMITED CAMPING PITCHES – £20 per pitch plus £10 per person
All accommodation comes with boutique style toilets and shower facilities and the price includes a locally sourced full English cooked breakfast served from 9am-11am on Sunday. Guests may book to stay additional nights for a reduced fee.
*Extra single beds and cots including bedding, towels and breakfast – £35 adults / £25 under 16’s / £20 under 3’s. Infants sharing parents beds are free of charge.
- All night bonfire
- Stunning industrial vintage licensed bar which can serve till 2am
- Hay bale seating for ceremony in the coppice or under the field shelter canopy
- Bespoke vintage dining tables and chairs
- Bespoke cake table
- Bespoke table plan stand
- Local sheepskins
- Handmade recycled wool blankets for picnics or to cosy up around the bonfire
- Handmade recycled wool cushions
- Up cycled coffee sack cushions
- Vintage carpenters workbenches
- Industrial vintage nut carts
- Leather sofas
- Outdoor sofas and chairs
- Jamie Oliver wood fired pizza oven
- 5L & 8L Kilner drinks dispensers
- Vintage wooden fruit crates
- Various table decorations
- Staff to assist with your event on the day
MAKE A BOOKING ENQUIRY