The Haymeadow provides a new and exciting marquee venue set in a rural, secluded location in the Blackdown Hills. The site is just a mile from the Devon/Somerset border in the parish of Churchstanton near the villages of Churchinford and Smeatharpe, approximately 9 miles from Taunton and Honiton. The site provides you with a beautiful landscape in which to hold your perfect wedding reception.
The field is 6 acres in size, providing plenty of space for the marquee, camping, parking, games and much more if you wish!
The site provides you with an amazing backdrop to create your own rustic wedding reception, which allows you plenty of opportunity to create a wedding that can be as unique as you want it to be.
You can choose to be as hands on or as hand-off as you wish; it is your day after all! Gemma can help you source local suppliers and dress the marquee with extensive hire stock. You are also free to use your own caterers and corkage will not be charged.
The marquee is a traditional poled canvas structure that will comfortably seat up to 200 people for your wedding breakfast and hold up to 250 for your evening reception. The marquee will be dressed with beautiful fairy lights and up lighters and festoon string lighting for the outside can be provided too if you wish.
Whether you a looking for a beautiful rural setting or a place to escape the everyday hum-drum for your perfect wedding, why not contact Gemma and book a viewing to see the beauty of the place for yourself and let your imagination start running wild with what you can do with the space.
- Can provide list of recommended suppliers, many of whom are local
- Able to build individual wedding packages to include many options on top of the basic hire price, allowing couples to do as much or as little of the planning as they would like.
- The Haymeadow is part of the family farm, in the field by the family home.
- Grass enhanced with wild flower seed
- Set in the Blackdown Hills AONB
- Rural, secluded location
- In Somerset, only a mile from the Devon border
- Easy access to Taunton, Honiton and Exeter
- Far reaching views towards Wellington Monument
- Secluded, rural setting
- Exclusive hire basis
- Site capacity of 250
- Can bring in own suppliers and no corkage charged
- The Haymeadow is 6 acres, provides ample space for marquee, parking, camping, outdoor seating, outdoor games & much more.
- Included in the basic hire price is 60 x 40 traditional poled marquee with coconut matting flooring, luxury toilet hire, electricity & water, internal lighting for the marquee
- Able to take access for set up the day before the wedding
- Ability to have weekend weddings, rather than just one day
- Shepherd’s hut bridal suite
- Can hire straw bale seating and large cotton reel tables (outdoor)
- Can have fire pits for those chilly evenings
- Stock of decorational items and garden games for hire
- Beautiful photo opportunities
- Green ethics – local produce, recycled produce, external solar powered lighting, encourage recycling of waste and use of local suppliers who utilise in season, British produce.