We could not be anymore ready for the weekend, especially seen as it’s the weekend of love! With Valentine’s day landing this Sunday, making Galentine’s day tomorrow (not sure what that is? Keep reading!) we’ve bundled together some of our favourite playlists, recipes, lingerie, beauty buys and gifts to get you feelin’ and sharing the love this weekend!
Let’s kick things off with some serious tunes to set the mood…
One: In the Mood for Love
Music is king. It can set the mood, change the mood and make the mood!
So, in the name of research (it’s been such a chore… NAAAT!) we’ve listened to nothing but love songs all week to find our favourite playlists for this weekend.
First up, this rad little Throwback appeared on my Spotify feed this Thursday and I couldn’t help but share! It’s full of golden sing-a-long classics from Seal’s Kiss From a Rose, to soulful Etta James’ At Last, to a bit of 90s Ronan Keating!
(Who knew I would ever enjoy that so much in hindsight?!!)
It’s a great day time mix to put a nostalgic smile on your face…
Next up, we’ve been loving the Valentine’s mixes that the Free People muses have been blogging this week!
A playlist for every kind of gal, this one’s Ginger’s, which is ‘sure to get you ready for a night on the town or a sexy night in’.
So, whether you plan to spend the night out with your single ladies, or at home with your beau, a bit of beloved Bowie and a funked up Janelle Monae track are sure to get you feelin’ the mood…
Another of the Free People muses, their resident rocker, Lou, has created this super rad playlist!
From a live Hendrix track to a badass Strokes jam, it’s ‘sure to add a little spark to your V-Day plans!’
And last but not least, if you’re a classic sweetheart when it comes to Valentine’s, check out Free People muse, Candy’s delicious mix!
‘A little sweet with a twinge of rebellion’, this playlist takes us from the darling vocals of Jenny Lewis through to the beautifully haunting sound of Hozier and we like it a whole lot!
Two: The Food of Love
Because where there is food there is love.
For the foodies out there who show their appreciation with edible and/or drinkable delights (we see you, high five!) we’ve picked out some gorgeous Valentine’s recipes to tantalise tastebuds and have your beloved cooing for days!
For sweet treats (because um hello?! Valentine’s = sugar!) we’re loving:
- These super gorgeous pink marbled meringue kisses
- This so-simple-the-kids-could-ace-it chocolate dipped wafer recipe
- This Strawberry Champagne soup, delicious hot or cold (you better believe I’m making this tomorrow!)
- And, of course, these heart-shaped German Krebbels (it wouldn’t be a post from me without a donut reference, right?!)
For drinkie-poos we’re loving:
And because sharing is caring and we were determined to find at least one savoury Valentine’s delight:
- Check out this Blackberry and Thyme Baked Cheese goodness
Now prepare to drool…
Three: Beauty’s in the Eye of the Beholder
Ah, I LOVE this part of Valentine’s…
Treat yo’self and your partner simultaneously by getting your hands on some new sexy lingerie and some of our favourite beauty buys to get yourself feelin’ like the hottie you are!
Here’s just a little sneak peak of some of our favourites…
We’ve been loving Love Story by Chloe, described as:
‘…a new love story, fresher, more floral, more sensual. The fragrance of orange blossom, fresh and floral, mingles with the scent of the dew. Prunus flower reveals its intense green facet, utterly refined, heightened by a dewy floral accord, marked with carefree joy. Pure seduction, to be worn on bare skin.’
And of course Valentino’s Valentina Poudre:
‘The art of dressing the skin in a natural way. For the first time, a fragrance gets into the universe of make-up and only keeps the essential of it to sublimate beauty without artefact.
As a blush stroke awakening the complexion, Valentina POUDRE magnifies and transcends Valentina’s natural beauty. The skin is dressed with a perfumed baby-doll, a hazy veil, as a powdery négligé. POUDRE is Valentina’s tip to be effortlessly feminine and elegant.
Top Notes: Terracota Accord, Ambret FirAbsolu. Heart Notes: Orris Absolute, Heliotrope, Tuberose Absolute. Base Notes: Sri Lankan Sandalwood, Madagascan Vanilla Absolute, Tonka Bean’
I mean, swoon. Just SWOON. And as for that Valentino bottle?! I can’t even!
(Again, it wouldn’t be my post without reference to at least 5 beauty products, hey?!)
But in short, we’ve been head over heels for the following:
- Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks – Totally kiss-proof and they come in an array of on-trend cool tone pinks. The second from left, Baci, is my all-time fave!
- Kevyn Aucoin’s Celestial Powder in ‘Candlelight’ – ‘this sheer, opalescent, champagne-coloured powder works like a soft-focus lens, blurring imperfections & accentuating your best bits with an illuminating gleam’ …Sounds like something I can get on board with! Perfect for that naturally sultry glow.
- The Gwen Stefani X Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette – this palette has been major news, and we can see why! A palette of gorgeous, trés blendable nudes with dashes of shimmering sumptuous colour (that deep blue Danger shade, though, heart eyes for days!) it’s perfect to take you from a sweet doe-eyed day look into something a little sexier in the evening.
- Anthropolgie’s Nailberry Nail Lacquer trio – whether you opt for the delicate pale Mauve, a toned-down Rose or an almost-black Plum, they’re all just Valentine’s perfection!
Four: Love is all around
Valentine’s ain’t just for the lovers in the house!
Meet Galentine’s day. Celebrated on February 13th and coined by super woman Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation…
Be it your best girlfriends, your mama, your sister, your bridesmaids, a female role model… Whoever! Tell them you love and appreciate them with a little somethin’ somethin’!
And yes, they even have cards for that…
And, simply because we are a nation of pet lovers, why not let your furriest friends know you care this Valentine’s with a treat from Free People’s SUPER cute pet range?!
The knitted sushi cat toys are just killing me right now. So dang cute.
Click on the image for the product link and get spoiling those gorgeous creatures in your life!
And so, it feels like a wholly appropriate moment to tell you guys that we love you, our readers! Thank you so much for being a part of what we do here at Festival Brides, for your interest and your support. You’re invaluable to us, and we love sharing all the wedding-y goodness in life with y’all. (I’m coming in for a screen smooch, meet me there!)
Have a divine weekend and we’ll see you on the flip side!
Peace + Love