Lucy Jayne is an award winning makeup artist and one of our favourite MUAs to collaborate with!! She is always up for a shoot in the middle of a muddy woodland or field often in the freezing cold! She has also been known to work in some pretty dusty barns! She’s an extremely passionate artist who can turn her hand to pretty much any look or style.
When it comes to bridal make-up Lucy prides herself on creating her brides vision and her interpretations have always been spot on.
Lucy says ‘What I have learnt from my brides is that they don’t want to look back at their pictures and think ‘what was I thinking?’ They want a look that is timeless, that captures their natural beauty and also their personality.‘
Lucy always tries to have as many pictures of varied make-up styles for brides to look through and be inspired by. Lucy loves that bridal make-up isn’t so traditional any more, ‘brides like to push the boundaries especially as they see celebrities on the red carpet looking glamorous and are becoming a lot braver with their own make-up.’
Lucy Jayne’s bridal make-up tips:
1. Your skin is the most important thing for your make-up to look flawless, so it needs to be looked after. Cleanse and moisturise and think about booking some facials in the months leading up to the wedding.
2. Your make-up is an important part of your overall look so if you are not confident when it comes to make-up and don’t have a make-up style in mind, look into celebrity styles that you like or you think will suit you. Your make-up artist will help with inspiration! They should take into consideration your dress, personal make-up style, wedding style, colour themes, your natural colouring and facial features to create a make-up look that is perfect (and of course making sure you still look like you!)
3. Be constructive, remember you are paying for their service so if you are not happy with anything then say so. A good make-up artist should factor in time to make changes and tweak things until you are 100% happy with your finished look.
4. Try to coordinate your hair and make-up trial on the same day so you can see your finished beauty look together (try to wear a colour close to your wedding dress because anything patterned or bright can be distracting).
5. Don’t panic about timings on the wedding day, your make-up artist, hair stylist and photographer should give you a timetable so the morning flows nicely and is as enjoyable as possible… All you need to worry about is getting up and what time you will be opening the champers!
Bride consultation £45 wedding Day £80 = £125
Bridal Party (per person) consultation £20 wedding day £35 = £55
T: 07969 619934 E: firstname.lastname@example.org