As you know we normally have independent love songs on a Monday but we thought it maybe nice to get an upbeat playlist from our friend Paddy from Disco Shed!! Many of you may have met him on the festival or wedding scene – His shed kinda rocks!! So over to Paddy for some Disco Wed classics….
At Disco Wed we strongly believe that just because it’s a wedding, it doesn’t mean the music has to be bad! Equally it’s important not to try and be too cool at a wedding in case it’s your guests who are left feeling cold. Playing tunes from a wide range of genres that everyone knows and loves but aren’t too sick of hearing is a fine line to tread and not easy, but we’re proud that we do it well!
Here are a few examples of some choice Disco Wed classics…
- Stevie Wonder: Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Is there a tune more suited to weddings than this? Lyrically and musically perfect, and who doesn’t love Stevie?
- Michael Jackson: Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – Most of MJs disco output is great for weddings but I just happened to go for this classic, universally popular floor filler. Tomorrow it’ll be something else..
- Del Gazeebo: Got 2 B Large – A simple, brilliantly, executed mash-up by Disco Wed’s own Gaz. Kool Keith + Cheryl Lynn = dancefloor dynamite
- Jackie Wilson: Higher & Higher – Happily, it’s possible to sing, smile and dance at the same time. Just as well when as you’ll be doing all three when this joyous exclamation of love drops…
- The Temptations: My Girl – We don’t really bother with slow love songs at Disco Wed but this is a perfect choice for when you need to take things down a notch. Try not to sing along.
- Pulp: Disco 2000 – We love a good indie disco at a wedding, and this belter from Jarvis and the gang never fails! Another sing-a-long classic!
- Jet: Are You Gonna Be My Girl? – I don’t think I know any other songs by Jet but they boy they made their one hit a true wonder! Marvel as guests play air guitar, pogo, and flirt, yes flirt.
- Count Skylarkin & Harvey K Tel: Dub Of A Preacherman – Another Disco Shed production! This samples a classic and re-working it into a drum & bass monster that even Great Aunt Jean will be skanking to! Plus, a brilliant video from Seb who designed our logos.
- Pharrell Williams: Happy – Instant classic. Who cares what a room without a roof is or that I’ve heard it a million times? Because I’m Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy…
- Labi Siffre: It Must Be Love – Perfect song to end the night. Ok, the Madness version is just as good and more popular but I just fancied including this here, the original with all it’s charming brilliant lovelieness.
Happy Monday everyone – Hope you enjoy the tunes xx